With Valentine's Day Celebrations some of us Would rather just Skip February 14th altogether. As individuals around the world prepare to send Flowers, Candy and Gifts some just sit in our rooms and cry. We do not have someone to love us we say to ourselves. A husband just had an affair, a Wife asked for a Divorce, my kids are acting out all the time, they never come to visit.
Everyone asks me how many grandchildren I have, I can give them a number, but it seems like I have none, they don't call, they don't visit…Seems like I am all alone. I just want to sing that old childhood song that goes something like this
Nobody likes me Everybody hates me
Might as well eat some worms
Big Worms Little Worms
Worms that Squirm and Squirm…………………….
My life is a mess and I do not know how to fix it or where to start -- We all go through a point in our lives when we feel like everything is spinning out of control. Once we get to this point it is hard to know to make a new start or change thing-----------
- Get back to basics - Loving ourselves
- Allowing Change to make us better individuals - Letting Go
- Allow Change to Move us forward into new places in our lives
- Recognize what we can change in our lives and what we cannot change
Will it be easy? No -
Will, it Hurt? Maybe
Will I be Changed? Yes, Sometimes the change that we are afraid of is that change that we need. If that boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife has left, cheated, and wants a Divorce.
Ask yourself, have you done everything you can as an individual to keep your relationship intact. Is there anything else that you can do? If your answer is Yes then you are allowing someone else to control your life. It is time to let go and allow change to engulf you in new beginnings. You may have to get a job. You may have to move to a new house. You may have to give up some of your stuff.
But you are worth it. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that Whoever Believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 1
John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us…. John 15:13 Greater Love has no one than this, that He lay down his life for His Friends.
- You are the most important person in the Universe -- God Loved you so much that He sent His Only Son down to Earth to Take Your Sins Away so that YOU Can have eternal Life…..
- You might just be another person when it comes to the grand scheme of things, but when it comes to your understanding of reality God had a plan for you from the beginning of the World, even before you were born….Jeremiah 1:5 says "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you before you were born I set you apart….
- Think of the People in Your life that you love and Respect. How do you treat them? You are kind to them, patient with their thoughts and ideas and you forgive them when they make a mistake. God is the same way with you. He is patient, kind, and loving. Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God Forgave you."
- As you forgive those around you, those who have hurt you, those who have left you and made you feel helpless, hopeless, and alone. As you forgive you will begin to feel freedom and God will embrace you, hold you and you will not be alone. Psalms 91:4 "He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings, you will find refuge, his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart"
- Do not be afraid - Deuteronomy 3:22 "Do not be afraid…the Lord Your God Himself will fight for you"
Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and Courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord Your God will be with you wherever you go"
You are not alone… You are Loved…
All scripture is taken The Holy Bible, International bible Society NIV, Copyright 1973 1979 1984 2011 by Biblica, Inc Used with Permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
This article is written by Blondie and it is based solely on her opinion. She would encourage you to search scripture for the answer to your questions and use this article as a guide to find the Truth.