Kingsville, Texas was established on Fourth of July 1904 with arrival of first train over St. Louis, Brownsville and
Mexico Railroad; land for townsite, in the heart of the King Ranch, was donated by Mrs. Henrietta
King. Mrs. King was interested in the settlement of the region between Corpus Christi and
Brownsville. She also constructed the First Presbyterian Church building, donated land for Baptist,
Catholic, Episcopal and Methodist churches, built a high school and presented it to the town, and
provided land for South Texas State Teachers College (now Texas A&M Univ.-Kingsville).
Kingsville became Kleberg County seat in 1913.
Today the city is center for agriculture, oil and banking. Kingsville is also home of Naval Air
Visitors find an array of boutiques and antique shops downtown in historic buildings featuring
handmade crafts, home-baked goods, crafts, jewelry, and much more!